Getting Ready For Grade 6
Here at Shoreline, we want to make the transition from elementary school to grade 6 as smooth as possible.
- Open House – January 23
- Information letters sent home in late spring
- Grade 5s visit Shoreline –May 18
- Shoreline staff and administration meet with elementary staff to discuss specific student needs – May
Following is some important information about our school to ensure that you and your student are feeling informed and secure concerning transitions details:
- First day of school: Your child will arrive at 9:30 am and will be dismissed at 11:30 am
- Our school bell schedule can be found here.
- Our school year calendar can be found here.
- If you are new to the school district, does your child have any special needs we need to know about? If so, please contact the school at 250-386-8367 to set up an appointment with the appropriate person.
Here at Shoreline, we realize the transition to high school can be exciting and unknown for both students and parents. Below, please find the schedule for transition activities, designed to make the move as smooth as possible.
- Challenge program applications due – January 20
- Cross-boundary transfer forms due (for those attending an out-of catchment school) – February 16 – 24
- Course selection process begins – March
- High school staff meet with Shoreline staff to discuss specific student needs – April
- District transition day – students visit high school for an afternoon – May 18