Student Enrolment Priorities
Enrolment projections indicate that the Greater Victoria School District could see an increase of 2,000 students over the next 10 years. When space is limited in a school, student enrolment priorities determine the order in which students will get into a school.
Thank you to the nearly 4,000 parents and students who responded to the recent student enrolment survey. Recommendations have now been developed by a Transfer and Registration Committee made up of staff, parents and Trustees. The recommendations will be discussed in May and June and formally considered by the Board of Education in June 2017.
The recommendations propose the following changes for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Change to the order of registration priorities, placing higher priority on catchment students for both French and English programs
- Non-catchment students will need to apply for transfer at middle school and high school transitions.
- Recommendations also include:
- Review of registration process to improve information, explore online registration options and identification requirements
- A cap on the total number of International Students in the district, and equitable distribution across district schools.
- The detailed recommendations is available on website: https://www.sd61.bc.ca/news-events/news/title/recommendations-for-student-enrolment-priorities/